Should I upgrade????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhinoman7

Baseband Member
I am currently running a P4 2.8Ghz non-HT processor with a 533Mhz bus. My MoBo supports up to a 3.06Ghz HT processor. I know that the increase in the processor speed won't make that big of a difference, but will upgrading to Hyper-Threading make a difference? I mainly use my PC for video editing and DVD burning.

Thanks!

As far as I know, HT makes a very large difference inoverall application speed. Id go for whatever you can get, just make sure its HT enabled.

Hmm, I'd say yes go for it:confused: The 3gig is rather cheap nowadays, and HT can make a huge difference you you use mutliple apps at the same time. It should be a good benefit with you video editing and DVD burning;)

It would make a huge differance in performance ...especially in video editing ... the differance in time could be as high as 43% ....

It also helps a lot in apps such as archiving huge files etc...

U can try it urself ..compress a large file when hyperthreading is enable ..Later disable the HT in the bios n' do the same thing again....Clock the time's taken ..n' u'll see.

Thanks for the advice!!!

I have one other question. Would it make sense to upgrade my mobo to a 800Mhz bus? Is there much difference between a 3.06Ghz HT with a bus speed of 533Mhz, and a 3.0Ghz HT with a bus speed of 800Mhz?

Thanks again!!!

In case of FSB too ..it does make quite a significant differance ...

The 2.8GHz HT 800FSB produces benchmarks equal to the ones by the 3.06 HT 533 FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom