To Reformat Or Not To Reformat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
:confused: ok basically, i've got a few problems.

1) my x-fi gets messed up when i try to plug my MIC into it so i've gotta use my oboard :(
2) sometimes my windows likes to give me memory error issues ( yes i ran memtest and i got 0 errors)

BUT

when i formatted my raptor, i put it in a 20gb partition, and i installed my important programs on the raptor (bf2) and my unimportant programs on my 250gb caviar (m$ office). so, could i install my version of windows on my 40GB left of space, and then delete my other one? would i get any trouble since i'd be using the same CD key???

ahhhh!!

jack

You can't use the same CD-key of Windows twice.

And if it's OEM, you can only reformat a certain number of times.

First of all if you have to reinstall windows, you have to erase all your applications because you will get registry problems expecialy if you want to keep Office without reinstalling it. My suggestion, gather up all your CD's and pray that they arnt scrached and Reinstall Win. You should not get errors if you are trying to reinstall Win on the Same computer however if you have put in any upgrades, you will have to contact Microsoft for teliphone actavation. You will have to talk to the POS (not point of sales LOL) computer and then it will transfer you to a tech after saying (huh I could not find your actavation ID) or something like that.

Have fun, I have reinstalling WIN

Biohazard_2.0 said:
First of all if you have to reinstall windows, you have to erase all your applications because you will get registry problems expecialy if you want to keep Office without reinstalling it. My suggestion, gather up all your CD's and pray that they arnt scrached and Reinstall Win. You should not get errors if you are trying to reinstall Win on the Same computer however if you have put in any upgrades, you will have to contact Microsoft for teliphone actavation. You will have to talk to the POS (not point of sales LOL) computer and then it will transfer you to a tech after saying (huh I could not find your actavation ID) or something like that.

Have fun, I have reinstalling WIN

ok i have to erase my apps on my other hdd? obviously on the raptor i've gotta wipe that. all i want to know is will there be problems since i've got about 1/4 of my programs on my raptor and 3/4 on my caviar...

erase your main drive but leave your bf2 there, when you instaled xp back launch bf2 and see what happens

Yea it is worth a try, but I know that Office will be corrupted becuase all the registration informaiton is contained on C:\ things like who it is registered to and even the serial number but try that and if your computer is being stuiped format the other HD

well, i can just leave the files and then re-install the programs.

and warez monster, how would i go about doing that? my BF2 is on my main drive.

copy it to the slave and then copyit back when your finished installing. I did this WOW and it worked. WOW has a lot of patches and there 200mb some of them i think so it was worth the try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom