monitor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I have a samsung syncmaster 955df crt monitor and an ati all in wonder 9600 pro with 128mb memory. both of these say they support refresh rates of over 60hz at high resolutions but at 1152x864 which is the resolution i use i can only go with 60hz. my motherboard supports my 8x agp graphics card and i have no problems running any games so my cards speed seems sufficient but regardless i can only use the lowest refresh rate possible. is there anything i can do to fix this or am i stuck.

I've done both. I also went to ati.com to make sure i had the latest driver for my card and samsung.com to make sure i have the latest driver for my monitor and neither seemed to help. According to the specs on both I should be able to run at a higher refresh rates on even higher resoultions than I'm at now, but that isn't the case right now.

Then i have no idea. Anyone here have any ideas for jblaze?

For some reason his graphics card and monitor aren't playing well together.

Have you tried process of elimination? Put in a different graphics card to see if the problem stays the same or goes away. Try a different monitor to see if the problem stays the same or goes away. Do this and you'll narrow the problem down to either your monitor or your card, or neither. That's what i'd do.

ive tried a different card. the original card i used had the same problem, but it was a lower end card. my monitor must be defective when it comes to that then cause it wont go over 60 hz refresh rate at the resolution i use and its supposed to run at 85 hz. i truthfully dont even know what difference it would make, but if my monitor and card support it i would rather use the higher setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom