changing the size of desktop icons only

Status
Not open for further replies.

karjaneth

Solid State Member
i've googled this to no avail so i thought i'd go to computerforum but they were no help and i heard that tech-forums was its biggest competitor. so here i am. is there a way, any way, to change the size of the icons on my desktop to 61x61 and leave the icons everywhere else at 32x32? such as on the right side of my start menu, or in explorer, all the icons there are 61x61 also and i want them smaller while keeping the desktop icons at 61x61.

You are on Windows XP, correct?

Right-click on the desktop, click properties.
Click on the "appearance" tab
Click the Advanced button
Select "Icon" from the Item box
Change the size up and down on the right of it.
Click OK to remove the dialogs and enjoy!

yes i have xp. thats what they told me on computerforum and that changes icon sizes over the whole computer. i just want the ones on the desktop to change.

Go to start, control panel, desktop, click appearance tab, then advanced, select icon from the item dropdown menu and adjust the size, the smallest you can go is 16, i tested it and it works.

arg. that changes the icons on the desktop also!!!!!! i want to a) change the icon size of the icons on my desktop. and b) SEPARATELY change the size of the icons elsewhere in explorer to a DIFFERENT size!! doing it from the display properties changes the icon size universally!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom