no mouse pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I had ME, Then I got really frustrated because I couldn't change the colours or resolution of the screen and plenty of other annoying things were happening. I then got Windows XP. Problem solved.

Yeah, I don't like ME, but it's the best I have. I tried going back to 98se, but that just resulted in too many issues, and purchasing an upgrade of any kind isn't much of an option currently.

Unfortunately, I overlooked one thing earlier...
Not only had my mouse and display drivers disapeared, by audio ones had too apparently.
So I've essentially got no sound. I reinstalled the motherboard drivers on the cd, downloaded updated drivers and a chipset from asus for my A7N266-VM motherboard, and still have had no succes.
It's seemingly a pretty similar situation to one I had before, which was resolved by upgrading from 98se to ME, which doesn't look like an option considering that's my current os. I'm pretty much getting the response that I have no sound device installed.

I was working on an ME machine the other day that had pretty much the same issues your machine had...no mouse pointer, 16 color graphics and no sound. Wonder if there is a bug going 'round? I just reformated and reinstalled ME :(

On used machines that I refurbish, insted of ME or Win98 I now install Win2000 with SP4. You can get a copy from eBay for 30-40 bucks now and works a lot better than the older OSs.

Lizzybeth said:
not the sound issue. I don't even know what to try anymore.

when you go to the device manager, what do you see now on the sound card? exclamation, red x, etc? do you have the drivers and are the correct?

In Device manager under Sound Video and game controllers I see:
Gameport Joystick
NVIDIA nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface
NVIDIA nForce(TM) MCP Audio Processing Unit (Dolby Digital)
Unimodem Half Duplex Wave Device
Wave Device for Voice Modem

There are no exclamation points, xs, or anything next to their icons and I checked the properties on all of them and the device status says the device is working properly.

I tried updating the drivers for all of them but couldn't for the Audio Codec Interface or the Audio Processing Unit. When trying to update it found the drivers on the cd that came with the motherboard and in the new chipset for win9x that I downloaded from asus' site. Ultimately though, I received an error message saying the drivers had not been tested on ME and could therefore not install and I got error code: 145.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom