All Parts Compatible??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand that hyper-threading is Intel tech.... and that is what my CPU is (Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core Processor Model BX80553930).

Would the regular XP work on this setup?

I wasnt too concerned over his comments about 7.1 surrounds. I dont need more than 2.1 for my parents here.

Sorry my bad, so used to talking about AMD, that I... that I... have been brainwashed. :eek:

:p

Back to what he said HT emulates having 2 CPU's so then you will have 4. Depends what $40 is worth but the performance gain is negliable.

XP would defiantly work. I have the AMD 3000 on 32bit windows and it will work better than 64bit for me.

I remembered why there is a performance drop now. :D If you get a true 64bit game than there will be a performance increase but ever other game will have to 'emulate' 32bit, which takes away FPS.

Okay, so, all I need to clarify now.... is will all of this work together? Or am I going to have issues once it all arrives.

I just need to get my family something extremely fast and that will give them no problems a couple months down the road.

This will work 100%...... for over a year with no special casualties [unless you'r family likes to downloads viruses?] and this system could even survive 4 years if they take care of it.... it WILL Work with Win XP!!!

BTW, I pmed you so check you'r user control panel.. [the maker of this post, forgot how to spell you'r name, cryptic?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom