All Parts Compatible??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound crazy... have you checked out AAFES? They have a "military version" right now around here (it's the same as the student version) for like 60.00 bucks... check out the website I thought I saw it on there. I can check it out if you want (here) and LYK

I thought about that but I am here in the good ole US right now and there are no AAFES around here. I might take a ride out to one of the AFB and see what they have available.

How about the fan? Is there anything else besides that mosterous thing that was recommended???

If the fan your referring to is the Zalman 7700.. then IMO... go with the 7000ALCU or just CU... I have had both with good solid (low) temps. But I do have a 7700 now due to running OC'd... You should be more than fine with a 7000, although I will say it can run a bit loud. (at least to me) but if your not worried about that, then go for it.

Okay, last post...or two :)

All of the belowmentioned items are from NEWEGG.COM

Here is what I have thus far (please comfirm that it is 100% compatible BEFORE i order one rather expensive paperweight):

OPTIC DRIVES:
- SAMSUNG Combo Drive Black IDE Model SH-M522C/BEBN - OEM
- SAMSUNG 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write and LightScribe Black ATA/ATAPI Model SH-S162L/BEBN - OEM

CASE:
- Thermaltake Matrix VX VD3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

FLOPPY:
- Koutech SOHOUSB IO-FPM220 3.5" Floppy Drive & Multi Card Reader Front Panel - Retail

HARD DRIVE:
- Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

VIDEO CARD:
- eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

PSU:
- Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail

FAN:
- ZALMAN CNPS7700-ALCU 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

RAM:
- G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBZX - Retail

MOBO:
- ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

CPU:
- Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core Processor Model BX80553930 - Retail

Did I miss anything, other than Microsoft Office...???? Let me know, so I can click ORDER. Thanks for all of the help!!!!

I am glad that you guys refered me to newegg over my original store selected. It shows that newegg is going to save me roughly $250 for the items selected.

Just gotta double-check that everything is in fact compatible and I should be good to go. Last thing to check is the monitor that I already have. Its a Gateway FPD2185W TFT LCD Monitor. Will I have any issues with this on the setup listed in my previous posting????

I am sure that I will be back if I run into any issues during the build. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Dude get the scyth ninja I offerd, its x10 better than the zalman 7700 Cu, and if you get the zalman buy some metal gloves with it because otherwise you'r hands will be cut to pieces by its awful mounting patent [the clips to stick it on you'r mobo... its horrificly BAD!!!]

I had one... I almost lost a finger -_-;

Okay, I will get the other fan. What about the remaining items - are they all going to work together? I posted this on another site last night because everyone here must have went to bed..... the responses this morning were mixed. Some saying that XP will not run on a 64bit setup like this, and so on.

Please let me know.

Here is what the person from the other forum said ----

"The CPU, you chose does not support hyper-threading. For $40 more it is worth it to have this technology on the dual core.

The version of Windows XP you chose does not support 64 bit technology. Furthermore, you will need to contact each hardware manufacture whose product you plan to purchase to find out if they have existing drivers for 64 bit technology. Remember the system components work in synergy; it is the sum of the
parts working together that make the system. If your operating system is 32 bit, you will never take advantage of 64 bit software. Likewise, if your op system is 64 bits and all your software drivers are 32 bit, do you see the problem?

Do you plan on ordering a 7.1 or above surround sound system to go with that Asus motherboard? It would be a waste to put anything less than this into such a powerful board."

"The CPU, you chose does not support hyper-threading. For $40 more it is worth it to have this technology on the dual core.

Hyper-threading is a Intel technology, nothing to do with AMD. Put simply, he is an intel fanboy.

You have a choice with getting a 64bit windows, but even though the driver compatbility is better, there is the odd game (starforce protection) and software that doesn't work with it.

32bit drivers (standard) with 32bit OS.

64bit games actually perform slightly worse than the 32bit one. I haven't checked if they have improved this lately, as I am not too bothered really.

And there is no problem. ;)

There isn't anything above 7.1 yet (at least mainstream market.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom