Which Card? EVGA or XFX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
from my experience xfx had excellent customer service, i asked them a question online and they answered it by the next day with a response that helped alot.. never tried evga, but i'm planning on getting a 7900gtx from evga if my friend comes through.. if not, then i'm going with the xfx on newegg

I've never used xfx nor do i know of anyone who has. I really like and trust evga so I would choose them. Not that xfx is a bad brand I just haven't dealt with them at all and I'd rahter go with a brand that I trust.
The xfx card does have very high review scores, if you want to pay a little more for those higher clock speeds then the card should be just fine. I see nothing wrong with it myself.

XFX cards are meant to be hit or miss. If you get a good one overclock it like mad. If you get a bad one than it will die out soon.

I had a XFX 6800 and it lasted 10months and then it artifacted (word?) like mad, and I could no longer get back into windows after that, but this happened for the better as I recieved a full refund to buy a BFG 7800gt for £10. :D (plus £80 for a PCIE motherboard and £10 for postage.)

i've been choosing between these 2 XFX cards

XFX GeForce 7900GT 256MB DDR3 Extreme Edition (PV-T71G-UDE (R,7)) clock rate-520 Mhz, memeroy-1.5Ghz - 307 €

XFX GeForce 7900GT 256MB DDR3 (PV-T71G-UDF (R,7)) clock-470 Mhz, memory-1.37Ghz - 317 €

the only differences i can see is the frequency and that the xtreme costs 10 euro more. does the extreme improve something in design or is it just a name?

the closest eVGA counterpart to the PV-T71G-UDE R,7 is an e-GeForce 7900 GT KO (256-P2-N564-AX) 342 € which costs 35 euro more in my local shop and has a 20 Mhz slower clock so is there any point of buying an eVGA in my situation? are there better by any other means?
(though eVGA's style looks a lot cooler :) )

get an eVGA 7900gt KO

nigguhhhh

only way to go. better cooling. better look. better CS. better love

tehdigit said:
get an eVGA 7900gt KO

nigguhhhh

only way to go. better cooling. better look. better CS. better love

wow.. that was just weird... anyway, for a 7900gt, the signature series has to take the cake, if they have the signature series i say go for that, 600 core clock speed... thats just insane...

Trifid said:
XFX cards are meant to be hit or miss. If you get a good one overclock it like mad. If you get a bad one than it will die out soon.

I had a XFX 6800 and it lasted 10months and then it artifacted (word?) like mad, and I could no longer get back into windows after that, but this happened for the better as I recieved a full refund to buy a BFG 7800gt for £10. :D (plus £80 for a PCIE motherboard and £10 for postage.)

yea, i've heard they are a hit and miss as well.
i've got a XFX 6600GT @ 581/1215 now. i'm hopin' to hit 600 core soon :)
i've had it for....over a year now

though, my new card...which...i have to wait til 5pm today to pick up...is a eVGA 7900gt ko :)....simply cause it was a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom