Conroe - 5Ghz already broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
Unbelievable, before the chip is even released it hits 5Ghz. I remember just hoping they would hit 4Ghz :eek: There is definitely some overhead in this core design. :D

x6800500310s2812fd.gif

Source: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101421

These processors have to be freaking cherry-picked, I don't understand why else Intel wouldn't bother binning these higher than 3GHz based on what sort of yields they are currently getting out of them (apparently)

either way that is pretty ridiculous, but ehhh, the two just don't add up...especially considering I think they dropped the 3.33ghz EXTREME edition from the roadmap, WHY?!?!

Jesus Titty ******* christ!!!!!!!!!

My god.....next week it will be single digit PI numbers...

this was fugger right?

EDIT: just read the topic at XS, Guess not:)

Gaara after thinking about it you have a point.

It dosent make sense, why wouldnt intel just make the defualt speed higher if people are hitting insane overclocks like this...

Why did they drop the Extreme Edition?

gaara said:
These processors have to be freaking cherry-picked, I don't understand why else Intel wouldn't bother binning these higher than 3GHz based on what sort of yields they are currently getting out of them (apparently)

either way that is pretty ridiculous, but ehhh, the two just don't add up...especially considering I think they dropped the 3.33ghz EXTREME edition from the roadmap, WHY?!?!
I don't know, look how Dothan scaled. Top production speed on those was what 2.13Ghz? But they clocked passed 4Ghz.

The top P4 was 3.8Ghz, but they clocked to almost 8Ghz.

Keep in mind that Intel is very focused on low energy consumption now as well.

But shoot, IDK, they could be cherry picked as well :p

They didn't drop it, it is just the first one that will come out at launch will be 2.93Ghz with a 1066FSB. The chip used here actually.

I've read that Intel is going for the same approach that the video card manufacturers are using now. Even though they can make a processor clocked higher than they currently have planned, they don't need to do that in order to beat the competition (AMD), but once AMD gets competitive again and offers something that performs equally or just better than the best Intel has to offer, Intel can one up them. Much like the situation between NVidia and ATI.

Yes, cedjunior it is a marketing move. Just in case they need to release or plan on releasing new CPUs in the near future for whatever reasons, (competition, AMD gets stiffer) they can just overclock the Conroes and sell them for a higher price.

They wont overclock the conroes then sell them for a higher price... They will just make there default speeds higher which would decrease there headroom while increasing price...

Lord AnthraX said:
Jesus Titty ****ing christ!!!!!!!!!

My god.....next week it will be single digit PI numbers...

this was fugger right?

EDIT: just read the topic at XS, Guess not:)

Gaara after thinking about it you have a point.

It dosent make sense, why wouldnt intel just make the defualt speed higher if people are hitting insane overclocks like this...

Didnt they already get a 9 second PI? I thought i saw one somewhere... i dunno though. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom