recovery partition cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
maverick_teck said:
LOL
I guess that would piss off a lot of people on this forum.
But m3z its not actually a matter of Indian or American tech support. Its the profit that counts. The big organizations outsource the tech support simply because its more profitable to them.

I work for a all around tech support company that trouble shoots everything that has to do with computers and i mean everything and to think that CORP offices have to out source there sh** to some where else that has poor support that is such a slap in the face

Caution m3z. who told u Indian tech support is inferior? By the way do u have any particular company in mind that according to u has exceptional tech support. Have u ever had any exceptionally good tech support experience up till now?
Do u know even software and hardware companies based totally in America are hiring people from all over the world. Microsoft has 30% Indians working for them. Do know who created Hotmail?
And i dont want to turn this into another unecessary argument. But please dont make comments like that. This site is for tech suggestions. Not for personal opinions about other things

alright finally got rid of that partition sorta, i cut and paste everything from the d: (recovery) onto my c:\ which is of course my main partition, after i did that i wanted to make sure the recovery cds actually work before scrapping the contents of that partition. so i booted from the first cd it came up umm press r for recovery options, f to format and reinstall and q to quit, so i pushed r for the options, i get no options, i get an error like cannot boot from disk or something like that, so i pushed f it actually took me to the push y to confirm the format so i quit after that, my question is this, obviously the r options thing doesnt work which means i cant install windows over the old without formatting which doesnt bother me cuz that just causes more problems neways but how do i find out if the f option format actually works without actually formatting, and maverick if ur reading this will hp send me an xp disc if i request one instead of ****ing with these retarded recovery discs. one last thing when u first boot my pc u get the big blue hp thingy with the options to go into bios or f10 to start recovery, recovery doesnt work nemore, it says to insert boot disk blah blah, this is where i would recover windows straight from the partition for u ppl that r unfamiliar with hp's setup crap. so ya give me some advice plz, deleting that partition to give me some room doesnt do me ne good when its sitting on my other partition taking up the same amount of room, i need the partition to install mandrake if u guys are wondering plus i only have 7 gigs left on c

the way i would do it is backup your data and use their restore CD and restore your computer. setup your computer exactly the way you want it on the operating system volume. use Ghost and a CD burner to burn the image and span it across multiple CD's. after making image do an image check with Ghost and also try to use it to restore your computer to see if it works. if all OK then i would delete all partitions and remake them the way you want for you dual boot or whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom