Rate my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

uqpimp

Beta member
After skimming through alot of these build threads and taking advice from others I have come to what I feel is a good computer for around 1000-1300. I would ofcourse like to hear what you guys have to say though.

Geforce 7900GT KO Superclocked 256MB 256-bit

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
(Fry's does a nice combo for 380 for these two)

A gig or 2 of OCZ still not sure

For a case I'm still not too sure. Most likely an Antec performance but I really would like a more flashy case if I'm spending this much, although I would sacrifice that for performance.

I plan on putting this computer together because I am tired of name brand computers that just give you the shaft when it comes to upgrades. I want to be able to buy another video card or a new processor when the technology goes farther rather than a new system. Optical drives and such will all be name brand name and I'll grab it from my local fry's.

Looks good, I hope you will be upgrading to SLi later though. If you aren't, then just get a non-SLi board. DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D is highly recommended.

Conroe is just around the corner you know, too? Would be a good idea to wait, but it's your choice.

Well i hate to burst your buble but the processor is already out of date with the new am2 processor.. even though it doesn't provide a significant performance increase. But for a mid range build that seems about right, make sure you get a 7900 series card that has a good rma policy by the manufacturer as a lot of people are experiencing artifacting problems when playing games. Also make sure you don't skimp on your power supply, check out enermax silverstone ocz for a 500w + psu.

Ya I was just gonna get the chip and mobo combo for right now and save up some money for an fx (or whatever is good by the time I have the money) and another card. I would love for that chip to still be able to run bf2 with highest settings and all still though. My goal is to be running really good for battlefield 2142.

Seriously though dude, I'd just wait til Conroe. Then you can plan your build then. Unless you're an AMD fanboy, Intel seems like it will be on top once Conroe comes out.

mid level conroe is $316 released on july 23rd faster than any amd chip on the market.

awww, noone has bashed him for not having an opty... oh well, i guess it Conroe bashing from now on... "u shoulda waited for a conroe" (some gleeful nerdy snort/laughter following)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom