Mp3 audio quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you want something that pays mp3 better than the program you have now? what problems are you experiencing and how do you know the sounds isnt as good as it can be?

I don't care who you are you cannot re-compress an already compressed file and expect better results!

Get the origanal file which can be 50-100 Megs and compress it with m4a

mp3 = Mpeg audio layer 3 ~ outdatted yet extreamly popular format
m4a = Mpeg audio layer 4 ~ better sound and smaller file size

so you want something that pays mp3 better than the program you have now? what problems are you experiencing and how do you know the sounds isnt as good as it can be?

somebody told me that when you rip music onto your hard drive while using windows media player it will rip it with crappy quality, and windows media player isnt as good as other cd ripping software, AND if you already did rip it with windows media player then you can use a software that can make the quality better.
SO
I ripped a bunch of music with windows media player and i'm trying to find a software makes it have better quality.

Tyler1989 said:
I don't care who you are you cannot re-compress an already compressed file and expect better results!

Get the origanal file which can be 50-100 Megs and compress it with m4a

mp3 = Mpeg audio layer 3 ~ outdatted yet extreamly popular format
m4a = Mpeg audio layer 4 ~ better sound and smaller file size

exactly

hard_assteel said:
somebody told me that when you rip music onto your hard drive while using windows media player it will rip it with crappy quality, and windows media player isnt as good as other cd ripping software, AND if you already did rip it with windows media player then you can use a software that can make the quality better.
SO
I ripped a bunch of music with windows media player and i'm trying to find a software makes it have better quality.

only if you rip as wma audio. if you rip as 320kbps that is acceptable to most people. if you got to have the best sound use nero as you can rip at higher settings than that with mp3 and aac (mp4)

Re:

Hello,

As Tyler1989 said...when you re-encode an MP3 file, or a WMA file for that matter, you'll only get the same quality, or lower depending if you re-encode at the same bitrate, or lower...

Just in case, re-encoding say, a 128Kbps MP3 file to a 320Kbps mp3 file will not increase quality, because the original source has a lower bitrate than the new source. So if you mean, increase the 'quality' as in increase the 'bitrate' of the audio file, then yes it's possible to re-encode to a higher bitrate, but quality will not increase...it will stay the same.

The only way to improve the quality of audio files that have already been encoded into MP3, WMA or any audio format for that matter, is by 'cleaning up' the audio yourself, like using the noise removal feature in Audacity or the Filter Toolbox in Nero WaveEditor...

...Alternatively, to gain better audio quality, then you'd need to obtain the original audio source and re-encode to a bitrate which gives you adequate quality...

...For example, ripping (encoding) tracks from an audio CD to MP3 files at 320Kbps, will be better quality than ripping the tracks on the CD to MP3 file at 128Kbps.

apparently mp3 sound quality is **** anyways it jsut takes out most noises human ers cant hear making the file pretty small n sounding ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom