Nvidia vs. ATi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for high end ATI cards, but I personally do not see anything wrong with the drivers. I have a second PC, that has an X1300Pro in it that I got for $79 shipped. I have not had any problems with their drivers. Mabey I am just lucky. I agree with what was said before. ATI goes for fancy features, and new technologies. Nvidia goes for numbers and brute force. Mabey that will change with the R600, mabey not. Either way, I'm going to wait until both the G80 and R600 are out and there are benchmarks before I buy either one.

Is there a real advantage to a 512 MB card? cause thats why i wanna go with the gtx. If it doesnt have to commuicate with the rest of the mobo as often, it should go faster, right? Also, i wont have to upgrade a 512 MB card as soon.

There isn't an advantage to 512MB of memory. It's just a marketing ploy because humans view things in quantity rather than quality. More = Better...?

I really don't think 256MB is being completely used. A lot of people still play on 128MB cards just fine.

john3 said:
wait, am i reading it right that green radience got banned or is he just fooling?
yes, he is banned

having 512MB memory can be an advantage, depending on the game. if you have AA, AF and resolution up full, a lot of VRAM gets taken. though 99% of the time, the performance increase is barely anything, since no games currently use that much VRAM - unless, like I said, you had AA, AF and resolution at max, and even then that's only in more demanding games.

however in future, games will be more demanding.
I believe the game STALKER, which has been in production for a LONG time, will probabbly warrant 512MB

Why is he banned?

512mb dosn't do much now, but in doom 3 and quake 4 id recommends a 512mb video card for ultra quality. But even then it dosn't do much. Now in UT2007, that may all change.

Yea, cause i just got a real job, and i want to go all out so i wont have to upgrade for a whole. Also, the 512 MB cards have better cooling, dont they?

in my experience in single card setups the radeon x1900xtx out performs the geforce7900gtx but in multi card setups nvidia pulls ahead, mainly because crossfire isnt as efficeint as sli is and has alot of bugs. but ati cards have avivo which is cool and can have AA, AF and HDR on at the same time. nvidia cards cant

lol... how dumb.... ATI and Nvidia have their own advantages... when u wan to run double card.. use Nvidia... when u wan to use a card only... just ATI.....

Simple solution...everybody here rob a bank, set up two pcs - one using crossfire and the other using sli with the best possible cards - and we will never have to have this discussion again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom