Raid Drive Runing REAL slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaffy

Solid State Member
I have a Biostar M7VIK and a maxtor 30 GB 7200 hard driver that runs in it's own aray ( NO Other Drives, THE WD dont like the maxtor). It uses a Promise PDC 20376 fast track raid contoler. Resently the drive has slowed down to a crawl. I can still get my data and use it but it takes forever, 1GB~1.5-2 hours. I got all of my data on to the other dives and am now trying to format it to see if that can help but it won let me becuse the system is using resourses, i booted into comand promt and tryed to format it, told me that it was mounted and asked me if i wanted to dismount and force a formant, i said yes, and the format faled. Fast track contoler said that every thing is working fine. Any sugestions on what to try and anybody else having the same issues??

BTW: ruing xp pro, but trying to get the 30 GB ready for mandake 10.

Hmm I had a problem like this but i found out that i wasnt letting the drives sync up.

I usualy have to boot my server up and leave it for an hour or 2 bfore i can do stuff on it.

Have you tried this?

testing...

the thing is it is only 1 drive, so thier is no need to sync up. even then they system it always on cuz my roomates use it while i am at work, so when i get home it's been on for 8+ hours. i took the drive off of the raid controler and it is ruing alot faster, but it was working fine on the raid contoler a week a go. i would leave it on IDE but i have to many other devices that wont run in a raid array.

Any thoughts on why the contoler would be acting funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom