OSD settings window gone: BERZERK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezysk

In Runtime
Has this ever happened to anybody: Up until now, I thought I had a pretty decent Envision 19" CRT monitor thats less than 2 years old. Now of all sudden the OSD settings window inadvertently keeps popping up in the middle of the screen so that I can't work on anything. The manual exit and menu buttons don't work either. I've updated the monitor and graphics card driver...all with NO effect. I'm posting this on the forums in an attempt to get at the bottom of this.

Definetely its embedded within the Enivision monitor, cuz when I rebooted in Safe Mode, the OSD window was still flashing so there were NO driver conflicts. My temporary 10 year old backup monitor still works fine. Anways, I reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and for the time being the OSD popups have stopped and the manual buttons work.

the OSD is nothing to do with the computer (well with a 2 year old crt anyway), so it will not be drivers or anything. i would check the buttons, as TheMajor said.

The monitor was free of OSD popups for about 6 hours today, when it decided to act up again. Guess its time to trash this piece of Envision ****.

i wouldnt recommend it, but have you tried smacking the area by the buttons? that might could fix it. probably just a bad button, just a question, whats the model number of it?
probably something simple like a button going out. when the osd pops up what does it do on the osd. does it do nothing or does it scroll around? is there a menu button or can u press any button on it? and alother question. did u touch the monitor any time before the osd popped back up?

This could be the best thing that happened yet. For a little more than what a repairman would charge, I just simply got myself a 19" widescreen Westinghouse LCD...and it is just AWESOME. In any event, 'Envision' sucks BIG TIME...tech support and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom