Conroe upgrades help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
I'm goin to get Conroe when it comes out so that means i need new RAM but idk which speed to get. Should i get DDR2 667 or DDR2 800? If i get the 667 i might be able to up to a X1900XT (from a X1800XT) and get the E6600 (2.4GHz 4MB Cache) plus i would be able to get 2GB of RAM. If i get 800 i'll have to go with 1GB and probably a X1800XT and the E6600.

btw i'm probably gettin G.Skill (inless there are better OCin RAM companies around the same price, i've seen other sticks from other companies more expensive but with worse timings and i love G.Skill RAM)

and also i'll be gettin a DFI LP (probably the ATI Chipset one RD600) when it comes out in june

also depensd whether you'r gonna Oc them? a pair of DDR800 sticks will be extremly overclockable while 667 will be.. well.. less overclock able, lol...

if you'r not a crazy overclocker the 667MHz will do...

Anyway don't prepare a roadmap just yet buddy, the DDR2 4 CAS Latency sticks will probably have a price-fall once the companies starts manufacturing the 3 CAS Latency sticks..

Plus, as soon as the DX10, GP80 and R600 [or w/e its name was] Core video cards are out, same will happen to all the nowdays top-of-the-line video cards [like x1900xtx and 7900gtx, both will have a price fall...]

All that will happen in two months +/- so before you make plans and order stuff ahead, i'd suggest to hold your horses and see whats the future holds ;)

lol was afraid of someone sayin that.... well i have to wait till june at least when the DFI LP Conroe supportin mobos come out.... I will be OCin the **** out of the conroe so i'll go with the 800. They have CAS 3 sticks comin out!?!? when is this and how much you think (sorry just tryin to see how much money i need to save and have something to do in school too ;))?

How much do u think the 1900XTX or 1900XT price drop?

i plan on changing my specs for conroe...any help on what could i change?..still for gaming tho and usual use like surf net, music etc.

I was under the impression that Intel was only going to be using DDR2-533 except for the extreme edition which I believe has a 1333FSB and thus uses DDR2-667...although I heard these specs way back when conroe was just announced and have no idea how accurate they are now

Don't take my word for sure, but the CAS 4 sticks been out for quite a while now, and I think companies will start manufacturying CAS 3 sticks sometime in Jan... but I didnt hear of any official statment about that, though I hardly doubt someone will give such a statment for a CAS Latency change, I mean.. its not like its a new DDR, or a new chip architecture or anything like that, just a configuration editing...... thats why I think nothing was said about this..

I just can't wait for it to come out, so I can buy the "scraps" that no one will want any more cause they have braggin rights on the newest stuff for a couple of months! LOL (but I do agree with P.P. Mac) :)

I kno i have to wait... but can you imagine havin a computer that cant play any games you want it to play (besides a couple) and some programs taht you want to run..... THATS MY COMPUTER NOW! and i will not be gettin a DX10 video card (since Vista can run with a DX9 card if i want to get it) and probably not new CAS 3 RAM if Yoad is right about it comin out in Jan. Also the DFI boards come out next month which starts in 2 days (but they probably wont come out till mid june or so). I'm sry i'm in a hurry but i need a comp that will work with all my games.... not just 2 of them

Then the best I can say now is look around for something decent (now) and then wait until all the bugs and such are worked out... THEN upgrade to Conroe, or AM2 or whatever comes out next... If you don't need bragging rights then go with a S939 and mobo and 78/7900 vid card you can find some deals on those here lately... but the question is... what do YOU want to do... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom