really quick MCE question about buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
sorry if this is doubled its lagging,

i need an OS and MCE is $109, only $20 more than XP sp2 at newegg(if anyone remebers me yea its sad i still dont have it)

but they dont have helpfull reviews so i went to tigerdirect and one guy said

Great Software... once you get it installed. As you install it you will be asked to insert the SP2 disk, all you have to do is put Disk 1 back in and all is well

does MCE OS include this SP2 or is the guy talking about a sp2 disk you get with your computer if you buy it??? please help i dont know why they cant explain it fully.

any questions ill try to respond asap

link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832102357

TD link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1546467&Tab=11&NoMapp=0

ok did a little more research, they say its an os but very buggy and doesnt have a system restore, WTF!?!? im not spending 100 more for the retail so i might just go with sp2 or if i find x64 cheap

The setup screen will explain what to do when installing it, so don't worry about it but right now that sig is really annoying. lol.

dude omg i know your trying to help alot of people at one time but comeon read it, i know it will tell you what to do(partion the hdd, then install a little, then ask you for the key, blah, blah),

i just wanted to know if it was a complete OS and not a xp upgrade or a crappy OEM p.o.s.

Media Centre edition is spread across a couple of CD's, XP home and then the MCE stuff on another. I don't think they do an upgrade version of it anyway.

It is an OEM, all MCE OSes that dont come with a computer are OEM.All that means is M$ wont support it.It does have system restore also, not sure why anyone would want it, but it's there.

o thnx, so you just cant call the suport guys ok, i got my own team lol.
well i guess its worth it for only $110
well im getting it for my 360 for videos and some uber hax you can only use with MCE, lol jk, its only $20 more

I put both disc in during install. when it ask for the second disk to put the mce and tablet pc goodies on, all you have to do is browse to the 2nd disc and leave, otherwise you will have to take the 2nd disc out and reinsert the first one.

bruce, you can now get the drivers at windows update with the mce rollup pack 2

mce is alot of fun if you take the time to learn. you don't need a tuner, but it's better if you have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom