Computer got F!@#ed up while i slept

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
While i was sleeping last night my computer must have had some hacker or something messing with it. when i woke up this morning i had about 4-6 programs installed on my computer outta the blue. i have something called a "mirar" tool bar that just wont go a way. i have many pop ups thats just come up even when am not on the surffing the web. my ipconfig and regedit commands no longer work either. i had mirc on all night as well but i've done that many times before and nothing happened. am also using AVG antivirus program. please assist in getting my computer back to a normal status, thank you.

Sounds like you dont have a firewall or not very good one if you do. are you using any thing else other than avg antivirus?

I reccomend a router instead of a firewall. Anyone who can get to your PC through that would get through anything else.

Follow these instructions carefully

Download ALL 8 programs and update if needed.

Ad Aware SE Personal Free

Spybot Search and Destroy Free

Windows Defender 2 Beta

HijackThis Free

Ewido

CCleaner

Cleanup!

Follow these steps

Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot.

Delete all cookies and temporary internet files in the control panel.

Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, Firewall, click apply, dont reboot yet.

Download Msconfig Cleanup below

Msconfig Cleanup Free

Run Msconfig Cleanup after you unchecked the items you were told to uncheck and recheck, click "Select All", then click "Clean up Selected", then click "Quit". Make sure your antivirus and firewall are not checked.

Now run each spyware program 1 by 1. Running all 3 at the same time will slow most systems down.

When each program has finished scanning, remove everything.

Now go to the recycle bin and delete everything that is in it.

When finished with the scans, reboot, and go into Safe Mode and run these scans again, remove everything they find, and then reboot back into Windows in normal mode. You dont need to run Hijackthis! yet.

Then run HiJackthis!

Save the log, copy and paste the log on www.techist.com
Do not attach the log, copy and paste always. This will make things go much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom