SATA2 Question (Multiple Hard Drives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
Hello, my friend just bought 3 hardrives, Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s and they use SATA2 and i dont no how to cleary hook up all 3 of those drives as far as physicly connecting the three drives to the motherboard (ABIT IL8 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX Intel Motherboard). How do i make the last two slaves? If you have any links that can help me out let me know. This SATA2 doesnt have alot of coverage on it.

I have 3 Silverstone 20" SATA II Cables so i have everything i need to connect them, just dont no how!

Thanks.

sata drives dont have master/slave jumper setting , the bus isnt shared , only 1 drive per cable , so you need to connect each drive to its own sata port & cable

now for power connectors , modern sata drives have 2 power connectors , 1 standard (molex) and 1 sata , CONNECT ONLY 1 OF EM , connecting both will likely fry the drive/s , its done for compatbility for ppl with psus that dont have sata power connectors

abit6tg.jpg

Hey thanks alot.

So i only have to plug in ethier the molex or sata power connecter from the power supply to the hard drive then the sata2 cable to the hard drive to the motherboard?

Simple enough. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom