SINGLE 5.25" BAY 6" LCD MOD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

duayne

Baseband Member
i just have one question...

how do you connect the LCD to your pc so that it would be your secondary monitor? do u have to connect it to your graphics card too? do u have to have a TV tuner too?

sorry for the semi-stupid question, but im not really good in electronics. but after seeing the casemodgod site, i was thinking of taking a basic electronic class.. id love to make modding a hobby. :D

this is the site:

http://www.casemodgod.com/new_page_35.htm

just connect it to one of the connections at the back of your graphics card.

you only need a tv tuner card if you want to watch tv on it

u mean, connecting the VIDEO IN of the LCD to the one slot of the graphics card? would that do the job?

thanks..

i don't know what you mean by slot but i guess you mean the VGA/DVI connector. if thats the case i would say no. like i said it would need to be connected to either composite video or s-video. it could be done pretty easily by extending the appropriate cable down to the slot cover above the graphics card and cutting a notch in the slot cover for the cable. get the cable through the notch, attach the slot cover and plug it in.

another question...

if i have a tv tuner that has s-video out, shall i connect the lcd to the tv tuner rather than to the s-video out of the graphics card? can i still use the lcd as secondary monitor even if its connected to the tv tuner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom