Solid State Member
Althon 3200+
1Gig Ram
nvidia 6800GT AGPx8
Trust SC-5250 5.1
Maxtor D10 200GB 7200rmp
WD 80GB 7200rmp

Hi,

So problem is that, computer is FINALLY running within good temp range, no crashes ect. Than I load up NFS MW, and I have lost power to mouse, keyboard, and all USB's. I reboot the system, brings up bios, still not power to the above, then just hangs!

I left it to the next morning, unplugged, now just a few fans, nothing else. So I think PSU maybe?? I tested output, 12v giving 8-9, and 5v giving about 3.

So replaced and as soon as power up BANG, new PSU goes up in smoke! I have checked for obvious shorts ect, nothing that I can see!

I just do not understand what has happened, any ideas will be greatly recieved, thanks in advance!

what is your power supply? How many watts?

Is it just the USB ports that dont work? Have you tried the PS2 ports?

Power supply was A Open 300w
replacment SUMVISION 500w
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-7N400V

All the ports at the rear were dead, then nothing! I thought that it could well be the motherboard, but didn't want to replace without new cpu as I'm only running at 333mhz. Which means lot's of cash, replacing RAM as well.

The stupid thing is the new PSU was in a box waiting to be fitted, now because I'm lazy I've probably got fried motherboard!

Thanks

Wait, which one was in the system when it blew?

If it was the SUMVISION...

So, how much did you pay for that PSU or POS. :p

I just found one for £12. Consider your self lucky if it didn't take anything else out with it.

If it was the AOPEN, then...

So, how much did you pay for that PSU or POS. :p

I just found one for $8 or £22 with a case. Consider your self lucky if it didn't take anything else out with it.

None of these PSU's are good enough for that system, you really need to spend £60+ on a PSU.

I am looking for new motherboard and psu now, what recommended?

And it was AOPEN in system when failed and then SUMVISION blew as replacement!

I would love to upgrade to 939, but as always it is a money thing!

I just hope if I replace these items, nothing else has fried, as then the upgrade would seem like a good idea after all!

Thanks for advice!

That one will be good. It has the switch on the back for having seperate or combined 12v rails, for guarenteed compatibility with SLI and crossfire which there is sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom