New Mobo & HDD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

robqx4

Baseband Member
I have a T2825 E-machines Desktop computer and the motherboard recently got fried by a power surge!
I removed Old Mobo (Nvidia Nforce2 AU31) and replaced with a New Mobo (K7MNF-64)
I also installed a new 80GB WD (Enhanced IDE Hard Drive) in place of the old 120GB WD Hard Drive.
The rest of the hardware is the same that the computer came with.
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ - Cpu
512MB DDR PC2700 CL2.5 333mhz - Ram

OK.....So here's my problem............When I go to install windows from CD everything goes just fine it
formats & copies files from windows install disc, but when it goes to reboot to finish install the computer
goes right back into the windows setup mode not asking to "press any key to boot from cd"...etc.
If I remove the disc and try to bypass so it doesn't restart the windows install i get these errors:

PXE-E53: No Boot Filename Received
PXE-M0F: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent

These errors show up after some copyright,copyright,DHCP & Mac FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF
stuff appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Rob S.

Try putting your old HD back in, booting from the Windows CD and doing a repair to get Windows to work with your new mobo.

If it works, you can use Ghost to transfer everything (including the Master Boot Record) to the new drive.

get into bios , search for "boot from pxe/network boot" or similar and disable it , also make sure the boot order is set properly.. the hd first then the optical & floppy if you have otherwise just disable the 3rd device , obviously you dont need the optical first anymore cuz you alredy did the first step of the install , and usally after windows setup restarts you should just set the hd first and leave the cd in until its all done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom