Serious Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTL504

Solid State Member
My computer will not recognize the monitor and all I get is " Video Cable Connected", however nothing else shows on the screen. This all started after I loaded Stop Zilla and restarted the computer. Now all I get is the black screen with the above phrase.
I jknow my monitor is Not the problem because I hook it up to my labtop and it shows fine. I'm thinking that someway im missing a driver, but without being able to view the screen i'm totally loss. Is their something that I can do to get my computer back running. This old 233MHZ is not getting the job done. The puter with the problem is HP 8776C. Need help fast:

Take the monitor cable from the Video Card slot, and attach it to the normal computer slot. Then you can atleast see what your doing. Now install your video card drivers, reboot and put the cable back in the video card slot.

Maybe i'm missing something but the video card slot is the only slot that the monitor will hook up to. I dont see any other slots. The monitor cable has male connector with the video card being a female. However all the other connector on the computer is male pins and the monitor cable is a male pin:

What the hek is Stop Zilla ? . I m assuming that your mobo has only a PCI Video slot or does it have an AGP ? Try reseting your CMOS . Theres realy not much you can do if you cant even navigate in your bios .Theres a few things you can try .But we really need more info on your system .Especially what type mobo you have . I wont comment on some sugestions untill i no what type of mobo you have .That would only cause more confusion .

Here is what I have:
AMD Athlon 1GHZ Processor
256 MB Ram
60 GB Hard Drive
DVD Rom
Dvd RW Rom

How can I reset the bios if I does not show anything on the screen? Rest asure I'm not a computer wiz, so please you lame terms and step by step direction.

Does your computer power up? Do you see any lights on the Num Lock, Caps Lock Etc?

Do you hear beeping when your computer runs its POST (Powe ON Self Test).

If you don't get any response from your PC, try re-seating the RAM or the CPU. (After preperly grounding yourserlf)

What we need to no is what type of mother board you have .
Is this a Gateway or Dell ? if so look for a sticker on the side or rear with a serial number .Then go to the Manufacture website and find out what MB you have .Or remove the left side panel and look for a logo on the motherboard such as MSI , ASUS etc ... with some numbers and tell us what you have . So we can come up with a troubleshooting solution possibly .

is the vid card intergrated? More than likley, you get power but no post or a dbl beep. Sounds like you need to crack the case and reseat the vid card. Just watch for ESD. Its doubtful the program caused the problem, just bad timing is all. Anyhow, when you turn on the power if you get ONLY the monitor is working fine, please check connection or some sort, and get no post screen (showing system type, speed, memory, drives, etc kind of looks like dos), then the culprit is the vid card. Driver has nothing to do with it, its physical. Just open the case, find the vid card, take it out check the connectors and the slot for any foreign objects, blow in it if need be, and reseat. Make sure its firmly in place. Again watch ESD and make sure the system is unplugged. Then when the vid card is reseated, hook the monitor up and restart. If its intergrated, or if multiple reseats (yes, you do sometimes have to do that, so dont screw the case together yet, you may need to do it again), if none of this works or its built into the mother board then unfortunately it sounds like A: If intergrated bad chipset. You can either replace the chipset (good luck! Get a chip extractor) or, and this is more likley the case, replace the mother board. B: If it has a stand alone vid card, you'll need to get a new one. Make sure you get the right kind, IE if you have no AGP slot, make sure you get a PCI card, and assure its NOT just an accelerator.

The motherboard is a A7V-VM. From what I have found on the internet this is made by ASUS.
Hope this help...

Yes, the computer power up, I can hear the beeps, and the keyboard lights up, but the monitor is a black screen w/ the Phase " Monitor is connected" in blue writing.
The computer do not boot up the windows screen and I know it's the computer because im using the monitor now to post message using my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom