My new pc, comments plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno20

Solid State Member
here is my pc which will be here tomorrow (cant wait)

20.1 in Viewsonic 2025 Wide Screen
2gb (1gbx2) Corsair XMS w/ heat spreader
300 gb HD
AMD 4400+
7900GTX
600 watt aspire PSU
Windows XP w/ service pack 2
Audigy somehting lol

comments would be cool thx

Motherboard?

ATA or SATA?

Case? # of fans?

Stock cooling, or aftermarket?

Parts (you assemble), pre-built (HP, ALienware, or such), or custom build (ibuypower, Cyberpower, Monarch, Falcon NW, Velocity, or such)?

Well, if it's on the way, any criticism is gonna be kinda useless ;)

Anywho, the price: performance ratio for the 7900GTX isn't great. The 7900GT is a much better buy, although doesn't perform quite as good.

2GB doesn't give that big of a performance increase over 1GB. If you are overclocking, that RAM will likely give some modest overclocks, but it kinda depends on the mobo you chose as well.

Nitpicking aside :D ;) That is overall a really good system! It should perform quite nicely with anything you throw at it:D

JoshSB said:
doesnt alienware constitute a custom build?

Ordering an Alienware with the parts that you wanted isn't at all like actually putting the comonants together. But I guess that all depends on what you define "custom" to mean.

the general said:
Ordering an Alienware with the parts that you wanted isn't at all like actually putting the comonants together. But I guess that all depends on what you define "custom" to mean.

Well then Ibuypower.com/cyberpower.com ect do not count as a custom build either, only custom build in that terminology is the parts you buy to put together.

JoshSB said:
Well then Ibuypower.com/cyberpower.com ect do not count as a custom build either, only custom build in that terminology is the parts you buy to put together.

That's exactly correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom