DDR & bus speed problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

esr_Ever

Solid State Member
Hello, a friend of mine has been encountering some significant problems with his PC's performance & stability..

The PC's parts of interest are :

ASUS A8V Deluxe Motherboard
Athlon XP 3200+
2 WD SATA in RAID mode 0
2x DDR PC3200 in Dual-Channel mode
Windows XP professional w Autopatcher Dec '05

The first problem was with the memory clock of the DDRs,
while SiSoft Sandra run the tests & the speed seemed ok, I ran CpuZ and showed the clock of the memory at 200Mhz.. also,another thing,
in the BIOS. at the cpu-dram ratio, 2 of the values are 1:1 (200), 2:1(400) Shouldn't it be 1:1 (400)?

I'm not very good with hardware, so your help would be gratly appreciated..

P.S. and one last thing, we flashed the bios to the latest version and although we made the necessary changes in BIOS to restore it to the previous settings, the operating system started failing seriously (errors everywhere, kernel, svchost, soundcard and so on..)

ok thanks people, i have been missing that (the initials..)!

BUT, can you think of anything that can be responsible for a POOR performance of the PC, especially in games & sometimes in video. The problems arose with the purchase of the motherboard and a GeForce 6600GT.

Also in Sandra it mentioned something in a benchmark about the voltage of Vcore ,which was 1.450, and that was too high..

This performance problem has caused me headaches. and I don't know where to start/which component to blame..

Ok 1.45V is not high for an Athlon XP. They run at like 1.7V. Even a Athlon 64 3200, 1.45V is not high. I think you meant to say Athlon 64 anyway because the ASUS A8V Deluxe is a socket 939 board which is Athlon 64.

The only problem I can see is the powersupply.

ok thanks..I confused the models! :D Could you recommend a good program to test the power supply of the various parts of the PC?

I did the full scan, but nothing about voltages..any other program?or did I miss anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom