So I decided on it... Im going water :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe all previos references are in regard to the wire management of the system and not how dusty it is.

And my system is not dusty becuase my intakes all use filters :)

NAKED PICS

Can i have a pic where all your wires are :D, and where are my lazer cannons and where did you place them in your aspire case

AquaXtreme MP-1 Universal CPU Water Block
Why dont you get a dangerden TDX? Impingement (TDX) outperforms non-impingement (the one you're looking at).

The GPU would probably be similar though. I'd have to look at charts to see otherwise but I doubt it'd be significant.

Also don't know about that tubing. Generic PVC tubing might not want to make as tight of bends as higher quality tubing. Even clearflex would be better, you don't necessarily have to go all out for Tygon.

I see you're using 7/16" though so that'll help a little with bends, but if it's crappy tubing it might not want to bend as much or after it gets a little older, may be more prone to drying and damaging as a result.

I've never seen anyones tubes in a water loop all dried and cracked out, but generally they aren't using generic PVC tubing either.

Well from what ive read on both the generic tubing and the tygon, both have a 1 3/4 inch bend radius, and since the shop i buying it from sells it and they specialize in such things, i think it would have to be decent enough heres the link to it

http://www.petrastechshop.com/7id5odmagepu.html

and from what ive heard, and researched, the mp-1 is one of the best mid range blocks you can buy. Plus it doesnt look like a total peice of crap like the danger den blocks do. :D

ehh, how exactly do they look like crap......they look exactly the same if you put a derlin top on the DD ones.......

Regarding the block. Considering it's price, for a few bucks more you'd wind up with a better performing impingement.
I don't know exactly what "Best mid-ranged" is supposed to mean since it's barely cheaper than a standard water block.

Only leap up from those is if you wanted to just be ridiculous and buy the silver ones, or even more, the storm g5 silver blocks or whatever they are called that are like $285 and dont give too much performance difference.

It's got the nozzles in them that make the water more turbulant. It does this so basically every molecule of water can grab heat, opposed to non-impingement where technically only the outside part of the streaming water is touching the heat.

Instead of the water flowing smoothly into the block through the inlet, there is a little piece of plastic at the end of the inlet that has (in the case of the DD impingement various nozzles) one that has a bunch of holes in it to produce a spray and then varying sizes of slits. It's like holding your thumb over the end of a water hose to get it to spray further.

You need a decent pump for impingement which yours does fine. I believe most would say not to use impingement if you're using a pump less than the 50z or D5 pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom