Not sure if you knew but AM2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most advanced member of the Core 2 family will be Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800, which will operate at 2.93GHz, use 1066MHz processor system bus and equipped with 4MB level-two cache. It will cost $999 in 1000-unit quantities and will provide end-users increased performance and some other improvements over typical Core 2 Duo products.
Ouch.

charles_scott said:
I would like to see how the 5000+ compares to the conroes best... Isnt AMD going to release a 5800+ soon?

Well, since the 2.8GHz FX62 > the 2.6GHz 5000+

And the Conroe 2.67GHz > 2.8GHz FX62

I'd say the Conroe 2.67GHz > the 2.6GHz 5000+

Since the Conroe's best is going to be a 2.93GHz Extreme Edition, I doub't it will even touch it.

And I just did a google search for "AMD 5800+" and came up with exactly 3 search results, only one in english and it was just a reply on a message board that went a little like this :

yeah, quad cores probably wont be to useful for awhile until all apps have multi thread support. but i still just drool over the multitasking, i could run a dedicated server, compress video, play a game, download pr0n, bid on ebay, watch 24 all at once on my:
AMD 5800 x4 @ 10ghz
SLI GeFace 1800GTXZ
16gb GDDR5
10000000rpm 1000000TB Seagate HD

All joking aside, I'm willing to guess that if there really will be a 5800+ its going to be a quad core, and AMD has already said their desktop quad cores wont be out until 2008, well after Intel's quad cores.

Ok, how will I not be civil in any future Conroe threads. I am stating my opinion just like everyone else. The problem with this forum is that people think they are smart, but they really have no facts to back up what they are saying.

Ill admit Conroe is great, but dont bash AMD because Intel got ahead of them, Im sure they are coming back with something,

And go ahead and ban me for posting, if thats what you want do it, but maybe this post will help you understand where I am coming from.

i think everyone is bias to one side or the other. i am not a fanboy myself but i am somewhat loyal to amd stuffs. at the same time i would like intel to win this time so amd could bring something exciting and cheap next so the price for 939 proc would drop considerably that's what i want to see.

939 is gonna be dead soon, not to soon, but it is still a dieing socket, along with 754... Not sure but I think I saw on one road map that socket 754 was going to last longer than 939 because it is the mobile socket...

charles_scott said:
939 is gonna be dead soon, not to soon, but it is still a dieing socket, along with 754... Not sure but I think I saw on one road map that socket 754 was going to last longer than 939 because it is the mobile socket...

Just when you thought it was dead.... AMD is going to produce both the FX62 and 5000+ for socket 939.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32014

Maybe those are the last 2, but AMD sure isn't making it look practical t upgrade to AM2.

it will take time... There still making socket A processors and motherboards, not on a big scale, but you can still easily find the processors and crap budget motherboards. May take 5 years or so for 939 to die out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom