Problem booting with my hard drives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I will try that.I made sure that sata was enabled in bios. I'll quadruple check.

Hmm. I took the battery out, it only changed one thing. Now, when I change the "configure sata as raid option" in the ide config section of bios, it no longer even recognizes the raptors. But, when I leave sata option on w/out setting it as raid it recognizes the raptors in 3rd+4th ide master. Thx for the suggestion. Any other suggestions? My old lady is gonna squeeze my you-know-whats with a GI Joe kung-fu grip if I lost all our pictures.

update-
Booting XP pro with the old IDE harddrive, I went into admin tools, computer management just to see what is being detected. It shows I have volume C as a NTFS format system with 74.52 GB capacity, oviously this is the ide drive. Now, here is where it gets confusing, for me at least... It shows that in the D: there is a 138.48 GB RAW file syste. I am guessing that this my Raid 0 drives. HOWEVER, before I messed everything up today, my raid drive was labelled as G: on my pc.

Another update-

Ok, so if I change the settings in ide config (in Bios) to NOT configure S-ata as raid, then i am able in the bios to see each of the 74gb raptor hard drives, looks like they are seperate, not in raid. With these settings, I am unable to get into the Raid configuration utility (ctrl-I) in the Bios. However, I can boot windows through the old ide hard drive, and see in disk management that there is a 138 GB raw partition, labeled D. Originally my bootable raid drive was G: I dont know if I should change it in disk management back to G and see what happens.

But, if I change the settings in Bios to configure S-ATA as Raid, AS WELL AS enable serial-ata bootrom, then I can get into the raid config (ctrl-I) in the bios. It shows that there is a raid 0 partition at 138gb that's status is normal and is bootable. Yet, when i enter bios to change the boot settings, no raid or raptors are visible. When I boot to windows with these bios settings, I see no hard drives in disk management aside from the C: drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom