Clock Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

murtagh

Solid State Member
I bought a laptop a few days back. Its this one - Click

Processor : AMD Turion 64 Mobile processor ml-37 with PowerNow! technology; 2.0GHz.

But cpu-z says that my clock speed is 795.9 MHz. Could anyone please tell me why cpu-z is showing my clock speed to be 795.9 MHz when actually it is 2.0 Ghz.

Please reply asap.

Thank you.

Edit: Whenever I start an application clock speed goes upto 1989.8 MHz but then it goes back again to 795.9 Mhz.

Please help.

Edit 2 : I dont know whats wrong with my laptop.

PLEASE HELP!!!

It's AMD PowerNow feature

In the past, increased processor performance has oftern meant increased power consumption and shorter battery life. AMD PowerNow!™ technology is an innovative solution available on all AMD mobile processor-based notebooks that can effectively increase notebook battery life, while delivering performance on demand, for the ultimate mobile computing experience.

The Key Benefits of AMD PowerNow!™ Technology are:

* Optimizes battery life
* Provides performance on demand when required by the application
* Allows the processor to dissipate less heat under normal operating conditions, providing a cooler and quieter-running notebook
* Operates automatically in the background

There probably is a way to disable but i'm not sure what.

Try going into your bios and see if there is an option there.

Re:

Hello,

Just as brinks highlighted all the benefits.

There's nothing wrong with your laptop. PowerNow won't degrade the performance of your laptop in any way...and it is better to leave it on.

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

Just as brinks highlighted all the benefits.

There's nothing wrong with your laptop. PowerNow won't degrade the performance of your laptop in any way...and it is better to leave it on.

I second that! Its better to leave it on, It responds so quickly you won't even notice a difference performance wise. But if you disable it you will for sure notice a difference in reduced battery life and heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom