Antec 380W

Status
Not open for further replies.

IfYouHaveToAsk

In Runtime
Ok my Antec Case came with an antec true power 380w power supply and it's working flawlessly.

It may only be 380w but it has 24A on the 12v rail, which i believe is higher than many other power supplies (e.g this 550W OCZ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104154 has 26A on a single 12V rail)

I assume when it says "requires minimum of 450W Power supply" on the reqs. for a Graphics card then thats just to be safe for people with weaker 12V rails.

In the future i will be looking to upgrade graphics card (current is x800 vanilla) and I just want to know whether you reckon my psu will handle the current high end graphics cards or do graphics cards use more than the 12v rail.

Note: I only have 1 HDD, 1 Optical drive so its not as if im sucking tonnes of power and im NOT looking at multi graphics card solutions (SLI etc)

So what's your opinion, can my PSU handle the current top cards or would an upgrade make sense?

your psu is really antec tp1 380w? unlikely cuz it have 18A on the +12v and not 24A i think you have the 550w one , and its not higher then many current psus at all theres several psus in that price range that have higher +12v , provide full system specs & name of the card your thinking of buying , without those details its hard to determine if the psu will be good enough

wierd, was 18a on several sites , i think it uses all of em but mostly +12v, anyway it all depends on the power consumption of the various parts+new card , as ive alredy said it cannot be answered without full system specs & name of the card your gonna get

24 amps can get you enouph power for cards like the 7900GT.

(there are also the smartpower series that may have 18A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom