Hey, Gaming PC? or NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewsus

Baseband Member
Hey everyone first post here :)

Im looking into getting anew pc that will be able to play latest games or hopefully. These are a few systems i have been looking at:

AMD Athlon 3000+ 64bits CPU

Foxconn nforce4 chipset motherboard with PCI-E

Galaxy 6600 256MB PCI-E VGA card

1GBMB DDR400 memory

Seagate 200GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive

CPU: Intel P4 3.2GHz FSB800 CPU

Mem: 1GB PC3200 DDR400 RAM

HDD: 160GB 7200RPM HDD

Graphics: ATI 9550 256MB Video card

MB: all in one Motherboard FSB800 Dual channel DDR400 SATA

AMD 64bit 939 3200+ venice core
Asus A8N-VM nForce 939pin C51G & MCP51G mATX Onboard Video share up to 128MB Dual DDR400 PCI-E 16X SATA 2 & RAID
Geforce 6100 graphics card 128MB
512MB DDR400 RAM
80GB 7200rpm HDD
16xDual layer DVD Writer
400W ATX case with 2xfront usb ports

with this i would get 1gb ram and bigger hdd upgrade

Would these graphics card be able to support most new games HL2? etc..

any other suggestions?

Thanks all

p.s i hear venice cores are good for gaming or are good cpus is that correct?

lol try a different brand for that 6600, unless it's all pre-built. I've never heard about Galaxy but my friend has an eVGA 7900GT, no problems at all.

I have heard of galaxy, I believe they are a generic company. The 6600 is not a great card though, still #1 is the best.

they are all rather low-end builds for nowdays computer hardware [or lets say medium-end, its not the LOWEST quality parts but its old...]

In a few month's time you'll suffer from a low performence in games.. [the top you could settings that you could work with that hardware in heavy games is maybe(big maybe) 'medium' settings... not sure if you could use AA/AF either, but possibly yes]

Why don't you wait a while, let the new GPU's and CPU's come out in a month or so [it is said that by the end of july everything is gonna change.. no more pentium, no more lots of stuff] and prices will drop somewhat and you could get some better hardware?

BTW... why does all of these builds seems like a pre-built computers? lol

well to late lol i got the venice core and upgraded HD to 250GB and 1GB ram in a few weeks im going to get a 7600gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom