Making a new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
its all good.. ya, i wish i had a lanparty expert!! haha, anyway, ya, i was thinking maybe the platinum sli.. and i'm only getting a 7900gtx for 400 for reasons i can not say! i have good friends :p

Yea I am just going with the normal platinum because I can't afford an entirely new system, in a way I am downgrading because I still have AGP and can't afford all this at a time so I am going with a 6200 something... It's only like $50... Still I don't like the motherboard not supporting two IDE channels... I have no SATA drives at all so I am stuck buying a new GPU/motherboard/CPU/HDD/PSU(Ultra is ****)/RAM with only like $700 max.....

buy them off himself?

anyway, I suggest you at least try SLI again and see if you can't get it to work
try a new SLI bridge, try different drivers (use driver cleaner), or it could be the motherboard at fault

i tried new drivers, i tried working at it for about 5 hours.. so i gave up.. thats what i get for being careless touching the insides of a computer.... i was trying to show my friend how everything works and al this.. and i guess thats what i get for bein dumb :confused:

anyway, i'm sort of okay with it... all the parts i had i only bought because i was tight on money, and just needed to shove some things in it.. and now that i have an increased budget to about 2000 over about a 2.5 month period i'm perfectly fine with that, because now i can buy everything i actually want (DUAL 7900GTX'S!!! for only 400 each!!) I can't wait to start :p

Sorry for the hijack, but this is what im getting.

Item List

CPU THERMPASTE|ARCTIC SILVER5 3.5G% - OEM (Qty=1, Price=$5.99)
CASE MOD|COLD CATHODE KIT CLK12RD - Retail (Qty=2, Price=$11.98)
MB MSI K9N PLATINUM NFORCE 570U AM2 - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$114.99)
POWERSUP RAIDMAX| RX-580F 580W RT - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$59.99)
VGA ALBATRON GEFORCE 6600LEQ 256M R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$68.99)
HD 80G|WD 7K 8M SATA2 WD800JD % - OEM (Qty=1, Price=$45.99)
CPU AMD|A64 3000+ 1.8G AM2 512K R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$109.00)
CASE RAIDMAX|668WBP BLACK RT - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$79.99)
MEM 512Mx2|PTR DII800 PDC21G6400LLK - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$107.99)
DISCOUNT FOR PREFERRED ACCOUNT (Qty=1, Price=$-2.99)

Extended Warranty Fee: $0
Subtotal: $601.92
TAX: $0
Shipping and Handling Charge**: $45.16
Rush Order Fee:$2.99
Total: $647.08

ya, i too just wanted the regular platinum with sli, and i was hoping for some ddr900 ram, get a sick overclock with that... 450 mhz ht?? dear jesus! where is my money for phase change cooling when i need it?

i was leaning towards a 4000+ about the price of a 165, but with the speed of a 170... thats insane, these processors are so cheap, i can't wait to start building, i might buy my mobo this friday, still debating weather to go am2 or stick to 939

If you want SLI make sure you get the one that says its SLI, the regular platinum with the two 16x slots is quite a bit different. But personaly only reason I am not going with 939 is because I have sat behind everyone for so long, now I feel like getting a newer socket motherboard, and by xmass I should have a 5000+ or newer processor and a good GPU with good ram.... Even though benchmarks show no major gain in DDR2 over DDR with this new socket....

Yea but by the time the 5000+ is released AMD may figure out a way of increasing the performance of there ondie memory controller which would make better use of DDR2 800...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom