Install Japanese language files in Windows XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Trying to install Japanese language files, but dont have my original XP Home CD. Any way I can get these files from somewhere on the internet. They are *.nls files, specifically c_10001.nls. I google'd it, but came up with nothing.

Thank you!

Thanks Talldude...but what if I dont have my original Windows CD anymore? Are there any other ways to get the nls files?

Thanks!

Hello Talldude,

Not at this time, I'm trying to fix my parent's computer while I am vacationing at their house, will only be here for a few days. Mom doesnt remember where the CD is, but she knows it was around here...

I was able to find a download for xjis.nls, but cant find the other *nls files anywhere.

Why would you need Japenese language files?

Like i said, look for neighbors with a PC.

Windows doesn't release full OS cd's, or files from them.

Windows update has NOTHING?

Need Japanese language files to read Japanese websites, msn.co.jp, etc. My Windows Home Edition has the files, but it is not here with me. Windows update doesnt have it, need the actual nls files.

Back in the Windows 98 days, Windows Update would have a subsection called "Language updates" where you could install languages for websites.

I dont think Windows XP update does though.

You can't access Japenese websites normally?

Talldude,

Good point, but couldnt find anything on XP updates. I can access the Japanese sites, but everything shows up in gobbydegook because this computer cant read the fonts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom