Making a new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Okay, since my sli crapped out on me.. i've decided to build a new rig all together... yes i know its a horrible time to build, but i guess i don't really care for conroe too much right now, what good could it really do for me... it really all depends on circumstances, but i guess i'll keep it as an option, buy my motherboard last.

I will present you with a few scenarios of what i should do, or what i want to do as well

As you know my 7900gt's are up for sale (sorry i put that up with a link on the buy/sell/trade part). And with that, i'm planning on getting a 7900gtx (later to go sli) and a new mobo.

And with that here are the scenarios

I scrap my comp now, throw it to my parents as the "family comp" And if i do so should i stick to socket 939 so i can keep the ram, save me some sort of money. Or should i just jump over to am2 since the option is there... i'm willing to spend alot more money on my computer this time now that school is coming to an end, and i no longer have school expenses. If i do go am2, i see myself buying some pretty expensive ram to overclock like crazy (ddr 900!!!!!) i can also keep my hdd and buy my parents a little small 60 gig or something.

Or, i can just sell the 7900's and build a really crap computer, to wait it out, just to have internet access and get buy with my cs source. Maybe wait for conroe, or to see what am2 has up their sleeves.

The 3 possible rigs i want to set up would be here:
Socket 939 Rig
DFI Sli-DR
7900 GTX
250 gb hdd (already have this one)
opty 165 or 170
1 gb ddr 500 ram (have that one too)

Everything else i already have for that set up

Socket 940 am2 rig
MSI K9N Platinum
7900 GTX
1 GB DDR900 (2x512)
4000+ X2

for a crap computer.. i don't know, you can imagine what that is... 3200+, 6600gt, horrible mobo... you get the idea?

Amd2 seems cool but I dont like the fact there are no dual cores. Just keep sys and get a new mobo and that 7900gtx. Skeet! I wish I didnt shell out the $250 to update my old rig or I would buy those 7900's up for a new build. But dude I feel for you. I would laugh if it was just a stupid setting that had to be changed.

NosBoost300 said:
nah, i tried everything, tried everything through bios.. tried reseting cmos with difference scenarios and everything. I got new drivers, switched cards, tried cards individually, reseated ram, rewired, tried 2 psu's at the same time (several different set ups with that) tried using the bridge both ways... and nothing...

I know this may sound stupid but did you move the normal jumpers to sli?

just a thought

my mobo doesnt have any sli jumpers, the only thing that activates sli on my motherboard is removing my abit shadow card.. and my sli had worked already, it just suddenly stopped.. thats what i get for removing my cards, and putting them back in for testing and all that, probably got static somewhere in the mobo... :(

Pepsiboy700 said:
Amd2 seems cool but I dont like the fact there are no dual cores. Just keep sys and get a new mobo and that 7900gtx. Skeet! I wish I didnt shell out the $250 to update my old rig or I would buy those 7900's up for a new build. But dude I feel for you. I would laugh if it was just a stupid setting that had to be changed.

This is the second time I have seen someone say there are no dual-core AM2 CPUs out. All the X2s, from the X2 3800+ to the 4400+ are "re-released" in AM2 format, with the X2 5000+ being the new addition. And let's not forget the FX62.

How much are them cards for sell??? I might buy them, but the normal Platinum does not support SLI, youll have to get the Platinum SLI, me personaly i'm going for the MSI K9N Platinum with the cheapest 3000+ I can get my hands on, $700 is NOT easy to do a complete over haul on...

magouster said:
This is the second time I have seen someone say there are no dual-core AM2 CPUs out. All the X2s, from the X2 3800+ to the 4400+ are "re-released" in AM2 format, with the X2 5000+ being the new addition. And let's not forget the FX62.

Sorry! Its just when I looked on many sites, no dual cores showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom