automatic system reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

draconius

Beta member
ok im running

amd 4400 64 x2
asus a8n deluxe( i think)
3 gig ram ddr 400, (2- 1 gig sticks, 2- 512 sticks)
nvidia 6600 512mb ram
400 watt power supply
300 gig sata
120 ide
OS= windows xp sp2

ok my problem is this, it sounds like my sata HD is trying to spin up but starts a spin up and then clicks and starts a spin up and clicks and starts a spin up and clicks, the longs i think it has done this is maybe 10 minutes then the system reboots. i removed my side panel once when it was making the noise of the click, as to determine location in the case for better understanding, and i felt the hard drive and it feels relatively warm is this normal or should i try getting new hd? or are there somethings that i can use to help my troubleshoot this better?

It sounds like it may be toast.Are you getting booted up at all.You can try to reformat it and then do a reinstall just to see if that works.What brand of hard drive do you have.There are hard drive diagnostic programs out there try the hard drive vendor web site for that.

i c an get it to boot, from the hard drive, but just occasionally does that spin up click. not sure about brand splat cause i havent watched bios and i cant remember which is was when i bought it. ><

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery settings

Uncheck "Automatically restart"

Click OK

try an old HDD like hefemeister said.. id do that befor anything.. and if you do not have another HDD or do not know how to install one.. if you take the reformat option you should not wipe the data off the HDD just install a new windows under a different folder name in case u got alot of stuff u gotta backup that can be a real pain and if the new windows dosnt fix anything just go back to the other one.( will show u options to difference windows at startup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom