I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sshari25

Beta member
Hello, I decided to build my own machine. This is my second time doing it and the first went wonderfully and lasted about 3yrs, but this one is killing me. I just cannot figure out the problem. The specs are:
-Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 800MHz FSB 2 x 2MB L2
Cache LGA 775 Dual Core Processor
-Gigabyte GA-81945P-G Motherboard
-1gb DDR2 533
-Antec TruePower 550 Power Supply
-ATI x1300 512mb PCI Express Video Card
-Raidmax RX9 Case
-2x NEC ND3550A Burners
Here is the problem. I can't even get the thing to start up. I press power and it starts to run and then all of a sudden it shuts down before I can even get into the BIOS. I can't figure out what the problem is and neither can anyone I know. Any Suggestions:)

i think you meant GA-8I945P-G cuz i couldnt find GA-81945P-G on gigabyte's site , did you connect the 4pin plug to the mobo? if you did try this: get all ram sticks out and power up , if it wont beep then the mobo is faulty , its also possible it doesnt support that specific processor , from what i saw on gigabyte site that processor is supported from bios F9 and up , in that case youll have to rma and hope youll get another with the good bios or replace it with some other mobo but on the other hand if you got some other s775 processor you might be able to use it and update the bios..

It starts up for about 2 seconds, with very little having time to come up on the monitor. I get as far as the option to set up or continue loading and before you can press anything it shuts down.. The power supply just shuts off.

Everything else, such as HD, CD-ROM, and mobo seem fine? They all power up properly?

From Newegg:
Cons: RMA'd first one because it wont system wont boot right away, then after recieveing the second still doesn't boot right away but system seems more stable, cant close my Raidmax front door with controls...

Well, I know for sure that the CD Rom powers up fine, and I think the HD does. There really isn't much time before the power just shuts down.

maybe the Video Card is too much for the Power Supply, and your power supply can't handle the extra juice...

He has a Antec TruePower 550 Power Supply and i don't think his little x1300 is going to suck up enough to shut it down,Anyway's sshari25 have you tried seeing if the cpu heatsink is sitting properly?

The heat sink seems pretty tightly connected, but it has those plastic connections that snap in and they were such a pain. Could it be that it didn't come with enough thermal paste? By the way, he is a she:)

Having the same problem

Computer will POST occasionally. Computer will not recognize Monitor. Everything is seeded on the board securely. When the Computer finally boots to Windows, it will shutdown after 10 minutes. In Safe Mode, it worked for over 2 hrs. The PSU is a 4 year old 350W PSU. We switched PSU's and now it won't POST at all. The Motherboard is only 2 yrs old. We tried to re-install Windows and the PC hung after pressing the space bar to boot from CD. Is the PSU too small to handle the MB's Load? A 650W PSU has been Ordered and Shipped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-8I945P-G
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.02
BIOS Ver : 2.2
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : ATi Model : X1300
CPU Brand : Intel Model : P4 Speed : 3.4
Operation System : Win XP SP : 2
Memory Brand : Type :