Don't you just hate it when PC's just don't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
To start with. This is a new build with the following specs:

AMD 64 3000 Venice
2x 256 GEIL Value
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 NF4
Qpack, using the newer Aspire 420w PSU with 30a on the dual 12v
ATI X1600 PRO
LG DVD-RW
160gb Maxtor hdd

Story #1, the PC worked fine for one night, but the next day it restarted while playing CS and wouldn't boot until it was set to go into last known good config, and then it booted into windows but had errors from drivers (ATI, sound and windows errors.) We then formatted the PC, thinking it could be a virus and when re installing windows it would get a copy error, when going retry it would carry on copying files but get stuck on a different one a few seconds later. It then worked fine with a different stick of ram.

Using my RAM, which I know is good, windows was re installed and it worked fine for one night again. Than tonight, you guessed it. While playing CS, it restarted but got into windows fine. I went into event viewer and there was this message just before the restart:

The error:

0000000003: 2006-05-28 21:51:43:515 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Icomponent.Icomponent::Run processID:01716 threadID:(CLIIcomponent ) domainName:( cli.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Component.Icomponent, Version=1.2.2314.20335, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
************************************************************************************************************************

There was one just before this, but this one caused the system to restart.

Every time this has happened the screen has been flickey (LCD.)
Now, what do you think is the problem here?

Thanks, Trif.

the omega driver is based on catalyst 6.5 while the ngo on 6.4 but that doesnt nessiarly mean its better , the only way to tell is to benchmark each of em with 3dmark, they probably perform nearly same

NGO doesn't work (had an error on install - something about VGA incompatibility.) The one you linked is the older one with a file missing, and can't find the 23mb one they mentioned on the site. I will try .231 in a moment, 250000 people can't be wrong.

OK, I have played an hour and a half of CS on it. I am knackered but the system did not restart. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom