Bios voltage isnt working for overclocking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
So I've taken some time to figure out why i can't get past 2.6 on my x2 4200. I've realized that no matter what voltage i set in the bios, its always 1.42, according the the asus ai booster and cpu-z. wtf? how do i help this? it worked fine on my previous windows xp, but i upgraded to xp pro. HELP PLEASE! I HAVE A CRAVING FOR OVERCLOCKING! thanks

hmm, same thing happnes to me with my asus, no matter what i put the voltage at cpuz always says its on 1.6v

i just upgraded my bios from the asus website, my psu is fine, but still, cpu-z says 1.4 volts and ai booster says 1.4, wtf heeeeeeeeelp

check what voltage you bios is giving you. Go into bios and see what votlage it is reading. I had the same problem, and I replaced the mobo and psu, and now it works fine, so its either your motheroard or psu.

whatever voltage i change it to in the bios, like 1.42 or 1.56, its always at 1.4 in the ai booster and cpu-z. again, this all worked before, and my stuff is all brand new, so i doubt its the parts.

lucky. i cant change nothing in my bios and i wanna change my voltage down... its been at 1.9 or so for a while now... stays 50 idle. :eek:

And can't you flash your BIOS? or CMOS to reset the settings or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom