Not sure if you knew but AM2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, yes. But these are just the early processors for AM2, wait a few months I am sure they will start to release the dual core versions. And for me I really don't need a dual core, single is just fine for me.

well same goes for conroe... it hasnt been released, so its got more time to get even better... or worse.. but who knows, and who cares, just let the competition role in, its what keeps things cheap, and why new things keep coming out, so i say, who cares whats better, it just motivates the other company to outdo them for a cheaper price

P.P. Mguire said:
It still has to be OCed, like any other Intel processor.

In the benchmarks where the Intel was OC'd, the AMD processor was also OC'd. Otherwise it was the 2.66GHz Conroe up against the 2.8 GHz FX60.

Ever stop and think that those are the high end conroes being overclocked and that they are "review" processors for a reason?? Any company could find the best of there product and send it in for review by other people to get good marks with others and people would buy the processor just for it to end up looking like ****. AMD could do it, Intel could do it, and so could other companys.

In the benchmarks where the Intel was OC'd, the AMD processor was also OC'd. Otherwise it was the 2.66GHz Conroe up against the 2.8 GHz FX60.
Exactly my point. Its a NEW Intel processor OCed to stil match the AMD. The AMD has been around forever it seems like and yet all this commotion about the new Intel when it still has to be OCed.

P.P. Mguire said:
Exactly my point. Its a NEW Intel processor OCed to stil match the AMD. The AMD has been around forever it seems like and yet all this commotion about the new Intel when it still has to be OCed.

I don't think you're quite catching on. 2.66 GHz is the stock speed of the Conroe being used in the benchmarks, and 2.8 GHz is the stock speed of the AMD being used in the benchmarks. There is no overclocking going on there. In the benchmarks where the Conroe was over clocked, the AMD was ALSO over clocked just as much. The Conroe did not have to be overclocked to beat the AMD at stock speeds. And it doesn't matter whether the AMD processor is a million years old, it still costs $1000 and offers less preformance than it's $500 Intel counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom