need help error with new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
i just built a new pc and i have had many errors with it. First time building a pc and the problem has been during xp isntallation it will just shut down and restart. Now i turn the computer on and it the speaker just beeps and nothing shows up at all. I have tryed changing cd drives, changing the memory to differnt slots. i have reinstalled and double checked all the jumpers and ide cables are set correctly. I have taken out motherboard and all components and reinstalled and it still has same problem. When i turn it on it warms up for about 3 seconds then beeps then nothing happens on the screen. these are the components.
-ecs l4vxa2 bios 1.1d motherboard
-pentium 4 2.8 ghz with 533mhzfsb
-western digital 80 gb 7200rpm 8mb buffer hard drive
-as5 arctic black floppy
-kingston 512mb pc2700
-best date gf2 mx400 agp 64mb 256bit video card
- and emprex dvd rw

hmm... i have no idea... um does it stop and restart at the same time? I would say its the mobo but it starts up and it runs. I would say it would be the mobo if it woulden't do that becuase its usally a bad mobo if it just starts up and it woulden't beep. If it beeps then that means there is a connection between ur mobo and ur CPU. So its neither of them. Do u have ur HD set as the right jumpers? I really have no idea..

okay i got it to boot. but now when i try to load xp i get these errors.Irql_not_less_or_equal

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000001C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80528518)
i got that one and about 200 others when i tryed to install xp. also some files wont load when copying files. i have 2 differnt xp discs that are bought and perfect condition so its not them. i checked the cd rom drive and changed to a different one and it wasnt that either. im stumped.

okay the latest error during xp installation it came up with it said. was caused by win32k.sys, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
***STOP: 0x00000050

you try installing it on a different hard drive? or perhaps partitioning the hard drive and installing it that way?..

okay i have narrowed it down to the video card or memory. both of which im changing at differnt times tommorow. hopefully one will fix it.

wow thats pretty weird lol. When i got that error it was the HD. Meaning that i didn't have XP installed on it, or i was using the wrong HD.

I would tend to belive that it's the memory not the harddrive ... Anywayz .. Let us know what u come up with

wow im excited i got this problem fixed and the computer is loaded and running with everything now. I changed the dram frequency in the bios from 166 to 133. it was on auto so it selected 166 rather then 200 or 133 so i set it to manual and selected 133mhz. This is definetly a memory issue that pertains to either cheap motherboard or cheap or memory or the memory incompatible with the motherboard. But since this is a cheap 50 ecs motherboard that probably would have happened if i was using say an intel board. Because it was kingston memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom