C:\boot.ini help

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it wont let me change it at all. Just says that error message. see in the pic it says "cannot change drive letter"

Edit: will making that boot.ini file work. Can i just change it from professional to home?

dont mess with that. you CAN change a drive letter other than the system volume but not your system volume

dont mess with the boot.ini file

Example.

you have 2 drives on your pc.

c: <--You can not change this drive letter because it is the system volume drive

d: <-- you can change the drive letter to e:, f:, etc

So in other words, you cant chanage your D: drive to C: without a format because its your system drive

Ok first off i only have 1 drive in my pc. Secondly for sum reason my hdd is named D and i never had a boot.ini file in D:\WINDOWS.
So i think i should use what the other guy told me and make that boot.ini file. Can i just change the professional to home or is there sumthing else i have to change too?

Thanks

Ok it didnt work. I got the same message as before " Invalid boot.ini booting from C:\WINDOWS

I have to find a way to change my hdd letter to C.

Ok i tried changing to Home Edition and that didnt work and even a backup file that i found which also didnt work. I need to change the drive letter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom