laptop suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Im looking to get a laptop. I have never owned a laptop so I don't have a lot of experince with them.

Id like to use it for word, internet, gaming (like around half-life 2 standards), photoshop, and maybe dl. I will multi-task a lot too. The average battery life i have seen is like 3hr so that would be fine. I hope thats enough info for everyone.

I am looking at an ASUS A6Jc

I like that laptop because of the independent graphics card, 1gb ram, and dual processor.

Any suggestions on that laptop or any other laptops would be apperciated.

I won't be back till later tonight (its like 3:00pm for me now) so i won't post till then, but ill read all the suggestions once i get back.

Thanks
darkop

Oh sorry i forgot....my budget is upperwards of $1400(USD). Id like to keep it at $1200, but the ASUS is $1300 so I can go over a little.

Yep, those laptops up above there are good; though, do you have any preference in terms of weight/size of the laptop? If you're expecting to do what you said, you might have to sacrifice a little more lbs. You're looking at 7+ pounds, perhaps. I may be wrong.

sry for posting later then i said i would...got home later then expected and was dead tired.

Im glad alot of ppl agree on the ASUS....I thought it was a great laptop for the price.

posted by talldude123

Here's a Toshiba, 512MB RAM, 120GB HD, 128MB Intel GMA, 17" WS, $1350.

I was looking into Toshiba before i started looking at ASUS, but almost all their laptops have intel intergrated graphics except two (on new egg) that are out of my price range.

posted by M4A1

Yep, those laptops up above there are good; though, do you have any preference in terms of weight/size of the laptop? If you're expecting to do what you said, you might have to sacrifice a little more lbs. You're looking at 7+ pounds, perhaps. I may be wrong.

In a review i read, the laptop was able to handle half-life 2 at max settings. If someone knows it cannot handle half-life 2 at standard settings...please reply. I would like to keep it under 7 lbs, but if someone finds a better laptop that is over 7 lbs and meets my budget and preformance needs....i would consider the extra weight.

thanks for the replys

ill prob order the ASUS tonight, but if anyone else has any suggestions until then...ill still read them. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom