Intel Conroe VS. AMD: Biased Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres no "truth" until u get a conroe and am2 and actually benchmark them. until then, everything else can be just as much a lie as it can be true.

AM2 is released and has been tested. The results are bad.

Core 2 Duo's have pre-release samples think of it as a beta, the test results are great. Performance will stay the same or improve.

Why don't you people enlighten me with this magic ball that you seem to have that tells you what AMD has that will "take the crown from Conroe"?

You people have 10 minutes to tell me what AMD has up its sleeve. 12AM EST is approaching :)

Despite all the possibilities for bugs etc., wouldn't all of you still buy Conroe right when it comes out in July? I know that the longer I wait the more stabile the chip will become, but it's just that I don't have that much time - my 1.8GHz P4 has to go to my sister because it drives me nuts sometimes. Yet, I don't want to spend all my time dealing with errors after I get the chip either.
What's your previous experience? Do you think that it would be a gamble to get E6700 Conroe as soon as it's out?

Wouldn't think so. Infact, they're likely to overclock better than later samples. Yea, later revisions will be better, but why keep waiting for something when its already avaliable (or will be avaliable when the time comes to make the decision).

65nm...SSE4...excellent overclocking...its a state-of-the-art processor even without the upgrades.

theshonen8899 said:

WAT? how does the dust settle in 2007? dude AM2 is out, and conroe is out in like june or july, forget which. the dust will settle in either june or july, not 2007! i dunno, i think its a whole lot a hewy, i mean the guys on XS break records everyday with that mofo. and AM2 is just bs, i cant believe AMD kept us waiting for that........oh god.......i am so disappointed in them, but then that makes u think.....maybe AMD is in the works for something to kick a55 is muli core cpus.

Excelsius said:
Despite all the possibilities for bugs etc., wouldn't all of you still buy Conroe right when it comes out in July? I know that the longer I wait the more stabile will the chip become, but it's just that I don't have that much time - my 1.8GHz P4 has to go to my sister because it drives me nuts sometimes. Yet, I don't want to spend all my time dealing with errors after I get the chip either.
What's your previous experience? Do you think that it would be a gable to get E6700 Conroe as soon as it's out?

ur P4 1.8GHz ****es u off? imagine how i feel on a P3 730MHz computer. u have it great in comparison to me, i cant run msn/media player, and CS2 at the same time.

does every conroe thread have to come to this?
this is my opinion and course of action
maybe u guys want to spend ur money on something rite wen it comes out, but i want to watch it before i buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom