windows wont boot up stuck on start at last know config screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm0030

Baseband Member
when i start my computer up it makes me go to the screen where you can select "last known configuration, safe mode, start windows normally, or with command prompt. When i select something it shows the windows xp logo and then after a few seconds it restarts and teh whole process starts over again. I have selected all of them and when i select some of tehm instead of going to the windows logo it has a whole bunch of words.

If anyone can help me i would apreciate it

thanks

the 'whole bunch of words' is safe mode isn't it? does that restart too? sometimes it gets stuck on a certain line, but given time it will get over it.

had a similar problem with my old windows installation, i ditched it and installed a new windows. miraculoulsy 6 months later i accidentally selected this one at boot and it worked (strange).

anyway ditch it. install another windows on a different partition and back up your stuff then start fresh.

usualy it hangs on agp.sys, ive seen it sit there for hours, i just wiped her out or tried a repair

yea i have the windows xp cd and i know how to get to the repair console but what should i do from there
and is it easier to just reformat it

thanks again all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom