Wtf?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Okay.

So I use Partiton Magic 8.1 to merge two ( D: and E: ) 40GB partitions of my 120GB hard drive. It craps out on me, I get a bunch of errors, and I end up with one of my 40GB partitions ( D: ), an unallocated partition ( What used to be E: ), and a bunch of missing files. I can see those files when I browse D: in partition magic. They're in a folder called "found.000" but I can't access these files or move them.

How do I access these files? I REALLY need them. I can fix the partition stuff myself, but I don't know how to get to these files...

Nevermind. I found out. Just gotta' copy from "found.000" and paste to a new unhidden directory through PartitionMagic file browser. Still gotta reformat and repartition everything though. What a drag...

ALWAYS back up those files that you REALLY need. Especially when attempting something like modifying partitions. Hardrives are so cheap now it's worth the money to go get one to backup onto. Glad you saved the files.

No, I wasn't merging my OS partition. I was merging two other unrelated partitions. Those .000 files were just random files, had to use unchk.exe to get back some files that were broken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom