sound card does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiofar

Baseband Member
I just installed a sound card (AOPEN|AW850 ) which I got from newegg. I can hear windows when it starts as well as listen to music that is saved on my hd (and I can control sound from my keyboard which is why i got the sound card in the first place). I . can also paly dvd's with sound (I use power dvd) I am not into music that much, but when I play a cd there is no sound. It doesn't even seem to read the disc, i get the following error :

Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.

0xC00D1197: Cannot play the file

I tried the regedit fix and nothing. Ibelieve I connceted the the sound card correctly ( I have installed a couple in the past) I have a dvd rom, cdrw and two dvd + - ) none of them work when it comes to playing cd's, i can play movies with audio but not cd's Any info would be helpful

I tried that but with no sucess. I removed all the drivers and no luck. I went to the web site and downloaded them from there but it still doesn't work. Quick note, I connected the analog cable to the sound card and if I press play on the dvd rom it plays and I have sound, but when I try to open it from real player, windows media player, ect no luck???

I really appreciate your help shrapnill, but as of right now no success. Let me ask you this, Im thinking I got a bad sound card (defective) two of the analog connections on the card do not work only one does ( has a total of three) what do you think? thinking of sending it back to newegg, have to do it quickly though as 14 days are about to expire!!

lol... well youll be coming close to re-spending the $12 value of that card merely by sending it back. But it does seem like its screwed.

your right, was thinking about that. could you recommend a good bang for the buck card? or should I give this one one more go? anywhere besides new egg? dont want to spend more than $30.00 or so. Thx

I actually went ahead and uninstalle the sound card (as I was going to get a new one) and enabled on board sound and guess what it still doesn't work. I get the same thing as with the sound card installed. I guess it is more than the sound card I wnet to ECS website and downloaded their driver for onboard sound but it will not install I get that the driver is corrupted and there is not way (at least that I know of to launch it) I have tried everything and nothing, I went to the drivers web site and there is nothing there. I believe even if I replace the sound card I will still have this problem (real, media player nothing recognizes my cd when I try to play it through windows) I am at a loss any info would be helpful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom