Backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
Hi,
As my version of Windows is kind of screwed up i was wondering if there was a way to take an image of everything on my hdd, install a new copy of windows and then use the image to put everything back on.

Thanks

The image would also take windows in its current state. So when you went to put the info back on you would get the corrupted windows as well.

hmmm. i think i might hav to reinstall then cos for some reason i cant repair from xp cd

Mentali$T said:
Hi,
As my version of Windows is kind of screwed up i was wondering if there was a way to take an image of everything on my hdd, install a new copy of windows and then use the image to put everything back on.

Thanks

it would work on some programs but not all, its best to reinstall fresh and start over. every time you do this, you learn something new to make your pc better so this is a good thing

talldude123 said:
did you boot from CD during startup and try to select repair?

I went to install XP not go to recovery console. Got passed agreement blah blah and then where it would usually say at the bottom enter - install, r - repair, f3 - quit it didnt show repair.

@ warez monster before i reinstall ill wait for your reply to my other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom