Serious sli problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i have no idea what happened, but i think it may be my bridge connector, and maybe even my motherboard.... i have no idea why, but when i have sli activated my screen does not function right. The whole thing becomes a static like looking thing.

I've tried running both cards on their own and they run just fine.. but i stick them both in for sli, and bam, screen screws up when running a game.... i've also tried switching the graphics cards while in sli and still the same thing, tried 3 different driver sets and still no good.. at one point it seemed like it was working because i was able to run 16xAA with no problems in quake.. but then i go to see that sli is NOT on.. yet it was running 16xaa very smoothly.. and now, i can't get it to do that again, i run without sli and its crap framerates in quake again...

i'm really frustrated because i just spend 300 bucks on that 7900 and i can't even use sli..... and i really don't wanna buy a new motherboard when conroe is only 2 months away... then i'll have to upgrade... AGAIN, and end up throwin this motherboard elsewhere.. so i really don't know what to do

if my motherboard is the case.. i gotta look for something cheap that obviously has sli.. that will do me good until the conroe is out

well, i have an sli board with the bridge, its a evga one, id be happy to send you my bridge since i will never sli. i only got the board cause it was 30 dollars xtra with my gfx card.

ya.. i was considering maybe building a new system all together... maybe getting the 7950gtx2 or whatever it was.. with the 1 gig of ram!!!! insane! but i dunno....

and to ricochet.. ya i was thinking of reformating as well, but first i have alot of saving to do.. and i can't say my copy of windows xp pro is "legal", and i don't know where i left the key code.. i cleaned my room a while ago and probably threw it away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom