Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for sounding like a newb here, but what is the system restore? How exactly does that affect the HD?

So what exactly does turning the system restore down to 3% do? (What are the benefits and negatives to it?)

PROS: Lots more HD space. I have a small HD, 40GB, and when i first installed Windows and got it broken in, i had 14GB used up, almost half of the HD, i turned system restore down, and i had 4 GB less HD space taken.

CONS: If you get a major system error or a bad install, Windows won't be able to redo that error for you. But don't forget, TF can help you anyways, for free!

jk88 said:
It is a dell. I knew when i bought the laptop that it didnt have dvd burning capabilties. Fortunately my desktop does. :D But do you think that 60GB HD might be enough for college use and some gaming?

The size should be fine. I have a laptop, 60GB, too. I have an excess in space, as I use it for school and CSS. I have all my music and other stuff on my external. If you're going to use it for school, don't worry - 60GB is more than enough... that's unless you go to school for like 100 years and have all these files, then you might want to upgrade :p

TF? Also I was wondering if generally HP laptops are better or dell laptops? (performance, reliability, customer service, etc....)

HP laptops tend to be bigger in size. Though now, I believe they're cutting down the sizes and increasing the performance.

Personally, I would go with HP laptops. I have an HP laptop, and it's great - though I have one of the bigger models. I mean, Dell laptops are decent, too. I have a friend who has it, not a problem at all. It's a matter of preference/what kind of deal you get. If you were to talk about desktops, I would say neither, and I'm guessing at least 99% of the people here at TF would agree: the best way to go is custom.

---- If I had a choice, I would probably get an Apple or IBM laptop, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom