Corrupt download problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagen

Beta member
Everytime I use a web browser to download exe files they are corrupt and will not install. In Internet Explorer almost every exe file I try to run tells me the file was blocked due to it not having a valid digital signature.

I have tried multiple browsers, multiple websites, multiple files. I have downloaded sucessfully on another computer on the same network. I have sucessfully downloaded rar and zip files, torrents and transfered over MSN. The browsers work fine, everything else about the internet works fine.

I have run several memory tests and a hard drive diagnostic, all of which passed.

If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated.

Try installing Firefox or Opera. IE most likely has some security program on it; blocking you from download programs. (prevents viruses, worms....)

I have tried them (the multiple browsers part). In IE it wont even let me run the file but if I download an exe with another browsers, like firefox, I can run it but it is always corrupted.

Thanks for the help. I managed to fix it, that link helped.

I had to uninstall all the nvidia software, flash the bios and then reinstall the chipset drivers (and not install the network access manager, active armor or firewall).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom